Stroke is the second leading cause of death for people above the age of 60, and the fifth leading cause in people aged 15 to 59.
Reduce the burden of stroke by acting on six easy challenges:
1. Know your personal risk factors: high blood pressure, diabetes, and high blood cholesterol.
2. Be physically active and exercise regularly.
3. Avoid obesity by keeping to a healthy diet.
4. Limit alcohol consumption.
5. Avoid cigarette smoke. If you smoke, seek help to stop now.
6. Learn to recognize the warning signs of a stroke and how to take action.